Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Buddae Jjigae (Military Stew)

This a a dish that my Korean roommate  bring me to try, is a really good choice for coming winter!


Buddae Jjigae was invented in the Korean Military during the Korean war hence the name. It's basically a combination of different ingredients that were leftovers from meals of American. It contains ingredients such as mushrooms, kimchi, tofu, minced beef, sprouts, vegetables, noodles, cheese, spam, Korean sausage and a lot more. The taste is indescribable! soup is really rich plus it has a cheese/ mozzarella kick after sipping the hot and spicy stew. The cheese taste made it so yummy for me :) after my Korea trip, I immediately cooked one at home. Preparation is very very easy! It's a matter of cutting ingredients.

BTW, sorry but I forgot the name of the restaurant in Myeongdong where they serve just Buddae Jjige...you can however check out the menu or Google it! :) But don't miss trying this dish. Super yummy!

Price: Around KRW 20,000 or Php 800 good for 3-4 people. However, you can add on Ramen and Rice since they can provide additional soup for FREE!

No comments:

Post a Comment