Saturday, September 12, 2015

My day 11 in Korea

My day 11 in Korea is a day full of good food. From all over the place.

We had a tutor back in Singapore and her tutor is a Korean! Recently they decided to go back to Korea so when W's tutor's mum knew that she was coming over, she told her to meet up in Korea. One gang of us decided to join her. :P (Of course we told them beforehand.)







We were meeting with W's tutee at Hongdae after lunch. So we decided to go have lunch together in Hongdae and walk around first. Since we were spoilt with choices, and I was craving for it, I decided to introduce them to Han's Deli, a western restaurant I have previously mentioned. And presenting to you... my all time favourite baked rice. It's so good!


We then met with W's tutor and her mum. She brought us to this little cute cafe in Hongdae - Cafe Etonne. It has the cutest desserts ever. In Korea, somehow food presentation is so important, especially desserts. And if you love desserts and pretty food like me, you definitely cannot miss this place!


We then moved on to Times Square for some shopping. I saw my most favourite tofu banchan, but I don't know how am I gonna pack it back to the guesthouse, or store it. So I decided not to get it. We walked around and around and decided finally to settle at this very grand looking Japanese restaurant on the 8th floor. This seafood ramen is one of the best I have eaten, though it tastes a bit fusion rather than authentic Japanese food. And seriously... I don't understand why they must serve ramen with pickles and kimchi. No matter where you go, what cuisine you eat, there is still kimchi... somehow. (It's weird even though I love kimchi)




When we returned back to our dorm, Y and Z came over and gave us a box of Krispy Kreme donuts. To thank us for guiding them to the guesthouse when they were lost that day. Honestly, we were just doing our part in helping people (because we were equally lost before so we know how it feels) But really thankful for their kindness. It warms our heart to know that we meet nice people in a foreign land. (:

No comments:

Post a Comment