Friday, September 11, 2015

My first little trip

Our first SKKU field trip happened on my 10th day in Korea. Coincidentally, but unluckily for me, we were heading to Gyeongbukgung (again!). This was my second visit to Gyeongbukgung since I had already came here with Shan. In addition, the tour guide who led us around was so good and knowledgeable that I don't think I can gain anymore knowledge this time round. And... I was true.

We met up in school for some short talk, and each of us were given a Subway Cold Cut Trio (with all vegetables included T.T) and a can of coke plus some chips for lunch. Soon after, we met at one of the highest point of SKKU (all the steep slopes and constant climbing) and everyone set off in buses. We went to some museums around Gyeongbukgung and also Gyeongbukgung itself. The exact name of the museum - I can't remember. I was never particularly interested in history and especially museums, and the fact that I've been to Gyeongbukgung before also turned me off this trip. And I attribute it to the poor planning of the school. If we were told ahead all these schedules, I wouldn't have headed to Gyeongbukgung for my pre-summer school trip. Sigh. So let the pictures say some words for me.



The next item on the itinerary, after all those historical tours, was NANTA. Honestly, I've heard of NANTA way back in Singapore. Nanta (And if you understand Chinese, it directly translates into 乱打, also known as Cookin' Nanta) is a South Korean non-verbal comedy show that incooperate traditional samul nori rhythm. The musical has a simple back story of three cooks attempting to finish preparing a wedding banquet within a strict time limit while the manager installs his incompetent nephew among the kitchen staff. The show involves acrobatics, magic tricks, comedy, pantomime and audience participation. The performance is almost completely non-verbal. The very few words which are spoken are mostly in English.

No comments:

Post a Comment